Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 1 Thing #2 - 7 1/2 Habits

For me, the second habit of a highly successful learner is the easiest. As a naturally curious person, I have always accepted responsibility for my own learning. There have been times, when working with a library patron, that I have wanted to continue to locate information on a requested subject long after the inquirer has indicated they have had enough. Also, I ask a lot of questions.....some may think too many....is there any such thing?

The hardest of the habits for me is the third one - View Problems as Challenges. Sometimes I am able to view problems as challenges but, at other times, emotions or other things get in the way. Overcoming these barriers then becomes the challenge for me.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only person who continued to look up info after the patron had left. Just kidding, I think it is an illness all of us library people have, lol!