Friday, June 29, 2007

Meez, etc.


The avatar that I created at Meez.com is displayed above. Meez. com is a lot more sophisticated than Yahoo. Yahoo only allows you to display your creation on its products; whereas, Meez permits you to export your avatar to numerous places. Also, with Meez, you can let your imagination run wild in terms of hair, face, dress, backgrounds, etc. I had fun and could have spent a lot more time playing.

I also googled the term "online image generator." There are a lot of free generators available and you can create a variety of things (avatars, buttons, barcodes, logos, etc.) Below is a logo that I created for my blog.

4 comments:

ann said...

How were you able to put your Meez avatar inside your post? I'm having a lot of trouble with that. I hope you could give us some tips in a future blog posting. Thanks!

sunflower said...

You can display your yahoo avatar to products not owned by yahoo. You just have to download it to your computer or export it. I love your meez dog.

Westie said...

Ann,

These are the steps that I followed to insert my avatar in inside my post. While logged into Meez.com, I clicked on "Export My Meez." I then selected the avatar that I wished to export. Next, I copied the URL from "GET URL - a direct link to your Meez." It is under the heading "Link or Download an Image." After I copied the URL, I created a new post on my blog and clicked on the "Add Image" icon. Finally, I pasted the Meez URL into the box for "adding an image from the web," chose the layout that I wanted, and clicked the "Upload Image" button.

I hope that my explanation is clear and useful. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Westie said...

Thanks Sunflower.

After Meez.com, I guess I was expecting to be able to do it without having to download the image to my computer.