Thursday, June 28, 2007

RSS Pt. 2

I explored several other RSS feed search tools (Topix.net, Feedster, Syndic8.com, and Technorati) today. I found Topix.net to be the least useful to me. The site covers local news and, since the place where I live is small, there isn't much news to report. Feedster returned more hits on my search for Westies and West Highland White (terriers) than Syndic8.com, however, most of them were not relevant. All of the hits on Syndic8.com were on my topic. Finally, Technorati provided the most returns of all although it also had the highest amount of irrelevant links. A couple of potential advantages of Technorati is that it allows you to do an advanced search and to limit your results by language and "authority." In the case of my search, limiting to the highest authority didn't help.

No comments: