Monday, June 25, 2007

Internet Musings

Technology can't live with it and can't live without it. As much as we sometimes want to throw this or that technical device out a window, it seems we can't live without them.

Recently, I had my mother staying with me for a while. During her visit, she checked her email a couple of times a day. Considering that we had to drag her into the land of email, I found it somewhat surprising to see how attached she had become to her email account. Also, since I don't have cable, a day didn't go by without her checking the various news site to keep up to date with International news.

As for myself, I go through withdrawal if I can't access the Internet. I don't necessarily surf the Web every day; however, I feel lost if the possibility of being able to do so is removed. Back in the eighties, when I first accessed the Internet, I never imagined how pervasive it would become in my life and that of others....communication, information, and entertainment tool.

No comments: