Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Rollyo

I discovered creating and maintaining a Searchroll on Rollyo to be simple. However, in my experience, I don't see much of a use for this site. It might have been the topic, Westies, which I used for practice or, maybe, I didn't include enough sites to make the Searchroll useful. I also found myself putting sites on my Westie Galore Searchroll with which I am very familiar. Thus, I already knew whether or not I was going to find the required information. Finally, when I conducted a search using my own creation, hits from sites that I had not included in my search were returned. How did that happen?

I performed a search for "replacement windows" using the Home Repair Searchroll that is already provided. Some valuable information was yielded indicating that Rollyo might be of limited use.

Next, I conducted a search using the "Web" option. In doing so, I basically searched Yahoo! as Rollyo is powered by it. I would rather just go straight to Google if I am going to do a general Web search.

No comments: