Thursday, July 5, 2007

Del.icio.us

I have mixed feelings about the usefulness of this site. On the one hand, I like that one has access from anywhere to their "favorite" Web sites and that one can see the "favorites" of others. However, I think that the folksonomy of Del.icio.us is problematic. If one wants to find all of the sites that have the tag "Readers Advisory," then one will have to think of all of its variations in order to obtain a more comprehensive result. If Del.icio.us used a classification system, I would feel more confident in discovering more of the sites in which I might be interested.

I like the subscription feature. I have already found more helpful sites.

One last thought....is it just me that has a hard time seeing how many others have saved a site? I have a hard time reading the light blue/pink combo.

No comments: